Saturday, August 10, 2013

We have a house!!! A finished one with power and water!

So, I haven't been posting lately because unfortunately there hasn't been much to report on.  We have been playing a waiting game for power and then water, but we got both yesterday and spent our first night here last night!  There have been a few things we've had to get America's Home Place to come out and take care of, but nothing huge.  We also picked up our new furniture today (Thanks GiGi!) and have it in place...we think.  This is the first new furniture Matt and I have ever owned!  We still have quite a bit of organizing, down-sizing, and unpacking to do, but we have made some serious progress.  It's actually starting to look like a home....our home!  And we LOVE it!  I will have more pictures soon of other room and outside as we clean up some more and landscape, but here's where we are so far.  I put on a lot of pictures to make up for my lack of posting lately...hope you like it!

A view from the driveway (another one) of the house

The living room complete with new couch and chair (looking down from balcony upstairs)


Dining room

Living room

Kitchen

Upstairs loft aka Landen's play area.  He has actually done very well playing up here and loves his new train legos from Harding.

Landen's "big boy" room.  He plays in here and his clothes are in here, but he is still sleeping in the crib in the other room right now.  We will probably start soon with taking naps in the 'big boy bed', but I'm not feeling like he's ready for that yet.

Landen's trucks, definitely some of his favorites.

Master bedroom

Kitchen (looking down from upstairs)

What will be our yard (when the grass starts growing) and possibly a chicken coop in the near future (haven't decided the exact location)

Yard and house




Future chicken coop (You'll have to use your imagination!)

Matt and John have also been working very hard on this much-needed retaining wall.

Landen helping, as always!


We went to Kiersten and Austin's last weekend and we walked into the living and found Landen sitting on the coffee table playing Connect (I think that's the name of the game, it's been a while since I've played) with Tupelo.  I thought this was so funny, I had to post a picture!



Landen crying because his GiGi is leaving!  So sad!  We miss you, GiGi, thanks for coming!

Playing with Maya on the trampoline at the Edward's


Oh, I almost forgot the porch area!  (one of my favorite places at the new house)  My mom helped me recover the cushions and repaint the frame of our old couch and now it's our porch furniture.  Love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment