Tuesday, March 11, 2014

House Projects!

I thought I'd put up some pictures of a few projects we've worked on since I stopped posting blogs.  With the land and a new house, we have tons more on our to-do list, but here's a few that we've been able to cross off the list.  


Our downstairs half bathroom. 

Our mudroom (my favorite)!  We used our Home Depot gift cards that we got for Christmas to do this project and Matt did a great job!  As you can see, we get a lot of use out of the mudroom.  It's a little messy right now, but wanted to put up a picture (without having to straighten up first)

Matt has been working on a fence in the back yard.  This is about the only flat part we have for the kids to play on and Landen spends a lot of time out here.  We are trying to create a barrier to keep him in the yard and not rolling down the hill.  It's a work in progress (It's hard to get anything done around here with two kids), but soon enough, we'll have a fence. 

I made these right before Christmas.  They are ruler growth charts for each of the kids.  I love them and think they go nicely in the house. One for Landen and one for Avery!

Maternity Leave Craft Corner--my mom (GiGi) and I (mostly mom) made these for Avery's room while she was here.  We just took different material and framed them in embroidery hoops.  Mom painted the bird, the turquoise circle design, and the white snowflake design on burlap.  Cute, huh?!?

She also made this adorable burlap name banner for Avery.

My mom and grandmother made the curtains as well. I picked out the material, mailed it to them, and she brought it when she came up.  Thanks!

The embroidery hoops are up!

There will be a crib where the bed is, but we put the bed in the room for now for when GiGi is visiting and of course, Avery is still in our room at this point, but wanted to post a picture of the nursery decor.

That's all for now!  I'll post more kid pictures soon! We are all busy, but happy, healthy, and doing well!


No comments:

Post a Comment